- What is the definition of pi?
- What are the first documents that contain an approximation of pi?
- Research: Explain, with the help of drawings and figures, Archimedes’ method to approximate pi.
- Research: Find an infinite series or product that can be used to obtain an approximation of pi.
- In the text, we can read that calculating billions of decimal figures of pi “has no use” … Why do we still find more and more decimal figures of pi then?
- The text states that pi is an irrational transcendent number. What does it mean?
- The number e is another very famous irrational and transcendent number. Write a short text about its history and applications.